YouFood co-founders Alex and Peter have been friends and co-workers since 2010.
Our buttoned-up bio reads like this: Peter joined the Cramster.com team in 2007, when its Pasadena headquarters was three people strong. Alex joined a few years later after impressive stints at JWT and eHarmony, and together - Peter leading operations and later product, Alex leading the engineering team - we helped build a homework help juggernaut that was acquired by Chegg. After two years boosting the homework help business to triple-digit growth inside of Chegg, we left to start YouFood.
Our jeans and t-shirt bio reads like this: We're two guys who are passionate about fundamentally changing the health game for the better. We shared successes (and beers) at our previous jobs, but knew that starting a company together was the challenge we both sought. Once we knew that YouFood was the right mission and the right idea, we left our day jobs to make it happen.
Peter Simones, CEO & Co-founderYouFood username: @Peter
- Best habit: Moderate portion sizes.
- Worst habit: Ice cream. Moderately portioned ice cream, of course.
- Favorite meal: Chicken w/ wild rice and applesauce. Minnesota roots!
Alex Bernier, CTO & Co-founderYouFood username: @Alex
- Best habit: Avoiding processed and GMO foods.
- Worst habit: Weekend splurges. Working on it!
- Favorite meal: Pho or Korean BBQ. Can't I have two?